Monday, August 31, 2009

Menu Planning Monday


Last weeks menu was enjoyed by all. The Pecan Crusted Salmon may be a new family favorite. The crust is a mixture of dried breadcrumbs, crushed pecans, grated ginger and shallot. It was very tasty.
My daughter is actually teaching me a thing or two about saving. Yesterday she asked me if we could freeze leftover stock. We buy the stock in the box because we like the slow cooked taste. She hates when we have to throw away stock after 10 days of sitting in the fridge. I told her of course we could freeze the stock in ice cube trays. After they're frozen, we can put the stock cubes in a freezer bag for later use. It really kills me that I didn't think to do this sooner. We've wasted a lot of stock this summer. We don't have a problem in the winter. We make a lot of soups and dishes that require stock.
Anyway, on to the menu plan for this week.
Monday-Chicken Spaghetti, Rosemary Scones, and a side salad
Tuesday-Canadian Maple Turkey Chili w/cornbread
Wednesday-Pork and Pineapple Curry w/rice and Balsamic Nutty Green Beans
Thursday-Leftovers
Saturday-Dinner Out after church
Sunday-Summer Shrimp Rolls, baked beans, and fresh fruit
I hope y'all are inspired to try something new. Let me know if you try one of the recipes and what your family thought.
For more great menu ideas, head over to Org Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment