Monday, August 17, 2009

I Survived Kroger Super Doubles!

Good Morning Everyone!

I have finally recouped from Kroger's Super Doubles Saturday. What a great adventure I had. As you know from my previous post, I did a lot of prep work and it really paid off. My daughter and I showed up at Kroger around 11:00 a.m. I wasn't expecting to find a lot of the stuff that I wanted. Because as we all know, a lot of people showed up at the 24 hour stores at midnight or a little before. Anyway, my store was full of people and the shelves were being restocked as fast as the great employees at Kroger could stock them. It was all hands on deck, from cashiers to managers. Everyone was polite and helpful. I sure hope that all these employees know how much we appreciate them. Next time your in Kroger's make sure you tell them if you were there. Remember my motto is to "Pay it Forward." We took just over 2 hours to finish shopping and checkout. The lines moved fast and I was grateful and starving. I forgot to eat(Gasp) before going shopping. Luckily we were only shopping for items that I had coupons for...no impulse buys today.

All in all, I'd say we did pretty well. We purchased 123 items for $94 and some change. Many of the items I purchased were over a dollar. However, I didn't mind because I normally pay 3 to 4 dollars for most of these items. Here's a list of a few of those items.

Batteries
Parchment Paper
Flat Bread Melts
Odewalla Juice
Large can of Enchilada sauce
Assorted Cereal Bars
Organic Frozen Peas
Chips
Shampoo
Shaving Gel

I will also be sending off for the Kellogg's Fuel For School $10 rebate. You can go here to find out more about that.

After this week, I am so well stocked that I should only have to buy milk, some fresh fish, and fruits and veggies.

I'd like to say, "Thanks" once again to all the employee's of the Kroger located at 2920 and Kuykendahl.

As always, remember to "Pay it Forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment