Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Planning Monday





I am finally ready to get back into the swing of things. Christmas is now a memory and life is moving forward. The post holiday sales have slowed down to a trickle and life is a little less crazy.



I love menu planning. It gives me a great sense of peace knowing that my meals are planned. All I have to do is execute the plan. Things don't always go smoothly. However, having a plan is better than just winging it. It helps cut down on the urge to grab something at the drive-thru. It also helps with our budget.



If you have never tried menu planning, try it for one month. I garrentee that you will become a believer. One of the best ways to get started is to checkout Menu Plan Monday. You'll be able to see what others are making, and use a few of their planned days on your menu plan. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. I often checkout other blogs and link to their recipes. I go to Menu Plan Monday and choose a couple of recipes others have on their list. Then, I pick a few of my families favorites. Voila, my menu plan is finished.



Here is my menu plan for this week.



Monday-Tilapia with Avocado Salsa, Lemon and Cilantro Rice (I will post this recipe tomorrow)



Tuesday-Chicken Salsa Chili and cornbread



Wednesday-Crockpot Honey Lentils, brown rice and pears



Thursday-Breakfast for Dinner



Friday-Porkchops w/Mushroom Gravy over bowtie pasta



Saturday-Chicken and Dumplings, side salad



Sunday Supper-Homemade Pizza


We are really looking forward to try the new recipes that we found. I think the one that is most anticipated is the Tilapia with Avocado Salsa.


If you are looking for inspiration this week, you can visit the Menu Plan Monday link at Org Junkie.


If you have just started menu planning and have questions, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment